Jal Jeera Soda

Introduction

What do you like to have the most when the temperature soars to high 90s in this hot July? I know what people would say - ICE-CREAM! I get it..it's yummy and it's cool! I love it too and it is hard not to eat one. Apart from ice-cream, I love love soda - particularly this kind! Last year, when I was back home, I almost visited this one place regularly in New Road almost where this guy literally sold just the sodas and earned a living! It's amazing, isn't it? I do not know his secret recipe to those amazing sodas, but just last week, I tried to make one, and found out it's pretty close to what that seller used to sell. And yes, not to mention, it was so yummm! And one of my close friend said - "I could drink this all day long". I know it is not healthy at all to drink soda, neither is ice-cream, but once in a while isn't a bad idea, and if you see the contents in Jal Jeera Masala, it actually helps with digestion. Too much of an introduction, here is the recipe that is sure to fill you up to your thirst! Enjoy!

Makes about 1 serving
Jal Jeera Soda

Ingredients Needed

  • Club Soda: 10oz / 300ml
  • Lime: 1/3 size or as per taste 
  • Ice Cubes: 2-3 cubes
  • Jal Jeera Masala Powder: 1 tsp
  • Pani Puri Masala Powder: 1 tsp
  • Sugar: 1.5 - 2 tsp or per taste
Ingredients Needed for Jal Jeera Soda
Optional: Instead of Club Soda, you can use Sprite or 7up as per your preference for flavor.

Steps to follow

In a glass, pour in 1 tsp of Jal Jeera Masala Powder and 1 tsp of Pani Puri Masala Powder. If you just have one or the other, you can use that - don't need a mixture of two, but Jal Jeera Masala is the best.
Jal Jeera and Pani Puri Masala Powder
Add few ice cubes into it.
Add ice cubes into it
Pour in 10 ounce of Club Soda.
Pour in Club Soda
The regular soda is ready but if you want that citrusy and sugary taste, follow the recipe below.

Squeeze in lime to the mixture.
Squeeze lime
Add 1-2 tsp sugar depending upon your taste and mix it well with a spoon. Your drink is now ready!
Jal Jeera Masala Soda

Comments