Sooji ko Halwa

Introduction

I always liked "halwa" made either from Maida or All Purpose Flour, Rice Flour and Sooji. By far, I love Sooji. It has a different texture and it has been my favorite dish since my childhood days. Here is the recipe from my mom's kitchen to yours. Check it out!

Makes about 4 servings
Sooji ko halwa

Ingredients Needed

  • Sooji - 1 1/2 cups
  • Ghee/Butter - 3 tsp
  • Brown Sugar - 1/3 cup
  • Water - 1 1/2 cup
  • Cardamom - 6 pieces (Grind it to powder)
Optional: Shredded coconut, raisins

Steps to follow

In a medium heat, add ghee/butter in a non-stick skillet.

Once the ghee has melted, add Sooji. Stir until it turns light brown which may take about 10 minutes.

Add water, brown sugar and cardamom. You can also add shredded coconut, raisins or nuts as desired.

Mix it well for 10 - 15 minutes.

Turn off the heat.

Halwa is ready to be served.

Comments